Friday, July 30, 2010

the orgy


























even now,

when i'm alone,

i can see shadows move

at the corner of my eyes,

they move around

the doors and windows,

i can see them.

i look really fast

but there's nothing there.

in the hospital room,

it was dark sometimes,

and i could see shadows

move across the walls,

i could feel my hands touch

my skin like as if

it was the skin of

some other thing.

i started to listen

and in the dark,

against the wall,

i could hear whispering

sounded like my

own voice talking to myself.

i'd take photos

of my feet,

my hands,

my legs,

my eyes,

my face and hair,

my shoes,

my arms...

i'd take photos from above

on the ceiling floating

around up near the walls

and put the photos

in an exhibit,

like a public display

that was better

than anything else

i could do.

and i couldnt stop.

there was always

something more to see.

more to do.

more places to go

at night alone.

i took long walks

out in the garden

wearing nothing but a robe,

and carrying roses

and a camera phone.

i wouldnt even wear shoes and socks.

i would go down the hall

and nobody would even

see me or

hear me breathe.

i went to the hospital

library and took

out books

that were written

about narcissism

and nihilism.

i read them in bed.

i memorized them in the shower.

i recited them to

my nurses

and doctors

and lab techies

when they took blood.