Sunday, May 23, 2010

Shapes



























I was stoned.

The room was spinning.

I couldn't stand up.

My ears were ringing and hissing.

My eyes were blurring.

Everything I saw sort of glistened and sparkled.

I was shining.

The pupils in my eyes were as big and black as bowling balls.

I crawled over to the bed and climbed on it with a lot of effort.

I was listening to Beethoven's

Piano Sonata #14 In C Sharp Minor, Op. 27/2, "Moonlight" -

1. Adagio Sostenuto.

It was raining.

It was dark outside and yet a weird laser

beam cut into my brain like a carving

knife on Thanksgiving.

My head was a cooked turkey.

My brain, oozing the color red flowing like

water out of a rock rolled down my face,

rolled down my chest, rolled down to my feet.

Chemicals dripped into my spoon.

Floating balls of cotton were dark red with blood,

almost purple from the main artery.

I watched them bob up and down like

red apples in water.

Red nylon stockings dissolved into crystal fibers.

Rain soaked her red mini-skirt hanging on

the clothes line out back. Little red high

heels hung over the telephone lines in the street.

I was a afraid of something,

but I didn't know what.
I turned off all the lights in the house.

I locked all the doors.

I felt like someone was in the house besides me.

My head was hurting.

My arms ached and were bruised.

I thought about going to the Ebony Black and Blues Cafe

on the corner of Columbus Ave. and Kerouac Alley.

It stayed open every day of the year from 6am till 2am.

I looked for my shoes.

My feet begin to itch between the toes.

I reached down to scratch my foot and fell off the bed.

I hit the floor.

Hit my head.

I could barely see the photos the guy sent me.

I thought that if I post them up on JPG

maybe the pain in my head would go away.

Maybe I'd be able to breathe again.

Maybe my skin would stop crawling over my body,

like rats running up and down my legs from the inside out.

Maybe the light would stop blinding me.

Maybe the creatures would run away.

Maybe, but not this time.

Not today.